- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
N Family - Balham
Who we are looking for:
As an Apprentice Educator you will have the opportunity to rotate around the nursery rooms and forest school, gaining hands on experience in all areas of the nursery. This, coupled with your apprentice training in Early Years, will equip you with all the skills, experience and qualification to apply to progress into a qualified educator role with us. From there, you can develop your career at N, opting for a managerial route, or pursuing a specialism in an area that excites you. Immediate start positions available. To be successful in this role, you will; Go Beyond, Be Outstandingly Outstanding and Play as a Team.
We are recruiting for Apprentices to join our Balham nursery. This position will be working full time, 40 hours per week.
Day to day you will learn to:
- Support your team in the delivery of basic childcare routines
- Be responsible for the delivery of our 'learning through play’ educational ethos
- Innovate with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Promote child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed- Work a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
To become an apprentice, you must:
- be 16 or over
- not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 179052)
- - Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
- - Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- - A love for customer service (making people happy)
- - High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
- - Reliable, hardworking and ready to learn lots!
GCSE preferred but not essential
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once you have completed a minimum of 18 months training and the employer and Babcock’s Regional trainer confirm you have met all the requirements of the standard you will be put through to the End Point Assessment. The End Point Assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of apprentices to ensure you are fully competent in your role.
As an Apprentice you will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help you to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare you for the End Point Assessment.
- •Patient Punctual
- •Confidentiality essential
This vacancy is for a permanent position (for at least the duration of the Apprenticeship) with the possibility of fulltime employment within N Family Nursery upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.