- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Sygnature Discovery Limited
AAT Level 2
To support our business growth, we are currently
looking for an enthusiastic Finance Apprentice to join our Finance Department.
The team has grown rapidly over the last few years and with the addition of the
Finance Apprentice there will be 13 people in the department. There are
numerous qualified and part qualified accountants within the team, providing an
excellent support network for the Finance Apprentice in their studies &
Principal responsibilities include:
- Provide cover for
purchase ledger team during periods of absence.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 179100)
- No prior Accountancy knowledge needed – this will be
gained on the job/in college.
- Fluency with computers & basic Microsoft office
packages required (Excel/Word etc).
- GCSE or equivalent Maths & English; Actual OR predicted grades
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. This tests the knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
Areas you will cover include:
- Analytically minded/good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally &
digitally (Email, Zoom etc).
- A mature & professional attitude.
- Able to work well within a team of varying
personalities & backgrounds.
- Flexibility – Able to cope with a dynamic workload (eg
month end deadlines).
We see this role as a fantastic opportunity for
someone looking to kick-start their career in Finance. Initially the role will
focus mainly on Purchase Ledger, providing a solid understanding of the day-to-day
workings of the business. There will also be opportunity to gain exposure to all
other areas of the Finance department through assisting other members of the
finance team in areas such as the sales & general ledgers.
Sygnature are a fast-growing business and there are
always opportunities available for development. If the candidate shows promise
and demonstrates a strong ability to learn and grow, opportunities to develop
their role will become available.
- Annual Bonus (Non-Contractual)
- Annual salary review (Non-Contractual)
- 25 days base annual leave plus bank holidays. Additional days granted for long service.
- Holiday purchase scheme – After completion of probation employees may purchase up to 5 days additional holiday each year.
- Annual company day out & evening “do” (previous year was Alton Towers as an example).
- Annual Christmas Party.
- 6 weeks of full company sick pay in any 12-month rolling period after successful probation, raising to 10 weeks after 12 months service.
- 6% company pension match via salary sacrifice scheme.
- Private medical cover for employees funded by Sygnature, available after successful probation.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Confidential helpline for employee wellbeing provided through BHSF.
- Annual flu vaccinations are available to all employees.
- A variety of cost-efficient travel to work schemes are available at Sygnature: Ride2Work, Tram2Work, Robin Hood Card (Tram, Train & Bus), Easy to Commute, Season Ticket Loan scheme, Cyclescheme, parking on-site.
- Fruit, Tea, and Coffee available to all staff.
- Parking available on site.