- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
The Right Home Care Team Ltd
The following list gives examples of the type of duties you may undertake.
• assisting getting up in the morning including observation of washing/bathing and dressing and maintaining personal appearance
• assisting with undressing and getting to bed in the evening
• assisting with preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary
• provide assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary
• to maintain commodes and wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary
• provide assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that you cannot manage and provide general support as part of a caring team
• Encourage the management of medication where necessary and appropriate, and monitoring health related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
• To help service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. To help in the use of aids and other personal equipment.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• To supervise the personal care of service users, preparation of appropriate meals, shopping, bill payment & collection of prescriptions and general household tasks.
• Ensure service users retain individuality and personal dignity by promoting high standards of care and encouraging independence where appropriate.
• Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively.
• To respect the confidential nature of the work.
• To provide direct care to service users as circumstances require.
• To attend meetings, case conferences and training courses as required.
• Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussion and regular team meetings.
• To ensure that the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies are implemented at all times.
• To undertake any other duties specified by Management.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Independent Training Services (ITS) on 441226216760 (Ref ID: 179224)
Requires a driving licence
The apprenticeship standard consists of core knowledge, skills & behaviours. This is typically a 12-15 month apprenticeship which is delivered in partnership with the employer in the workplace.
Examples of the knowledge, skills & behaviours covered can be seen below:
Apprenticeship standards require apprentices to participate in a minimum of 20% off the job training during paid working hours, this will include time spent studying with the training provider and workplace training.
Apprenticeship standards are assessed through an end point assessment (EPA), the EPA commences once the apprentice, employer and tutor all agree that the apprentice is ready.
The apprenticeship outcome will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
Positive, punctual, caring with great communication skills.
Permanent position on completion of apprenticeship for the right candidate.