- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
If cars are your passion then Nissan will provide
you with first class training on the very latest products and innovations, with
dedicated Nissan trainers who will help build knowledge and develop your skills.
exciting opportunity has arisen at your local Nissan Dealership, where you will
be required to learn all aspects of the job role.Training
will be provided both in the workplace and at the Alliance Training Centre in
All we ask
is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have
the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician.
people are at the heart of Nissan’s success so if you want to be a part of this
then our Apprenticeship Programme is for you.
Duties to include:
- Perform maintenance and provide customer support
- Diagnose problems and come up with solutions to repair them
- Order parts needed for repairs if needed
- Fill out detailed reports and keep records on services that have been performed
- Explain issues with equipment and repairs to customers
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
You will also be required to have a grade 4 or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.
Candidates must live within 10 miles of the
For more information about this vacancy please contact Bosch Automotive Service Solutions on 0115 9380223 (Ref ID: 180495)
No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential.
GCSEs grades 4 – 9 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English.
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship,
delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Off the job training is enabled in the workplace
and is also delivered on a block release basis at the Training Centre in
This means your residential based training will be
delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for
separate training blocks over the 3 year duration of the course.
All associated costs for training are met by the
employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or
Support will be provided by the workplace mentor
and by your dedicated trainer.Your programme of study will enable you to have the
required knowledge, skills & behaviours to achieve your:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
(Light Vehicle) Level 3 Apprenticeship standard
• Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely.
• Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills.
• Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
• Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
• Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
• Quality focused with first time fix mentality.
• Honest with high levels of integrity
Permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship