- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
The National Childbirth Trust (NCT)
- Review and approve invoices and expenses relating to course and head office costs.
- Understand and apply the expenses policy and raise queries with staff / practitioners where not compliant
- Process refunds relating to course transfers / cancellations / price changes in our CRM system
- Record sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank transactions for the Trading Company
- Processing payments
- Carry out month end reconciliations to ensure all transactions are reconciled promptly and accurately
- Any other ad-hoc work as may reasonably be required by the Financial Controller
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 183905)
- Strong numeric skills and high level of accuracy with work
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Excellent problem solving ability coupled with strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and deal effectively with a busy workload
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively using the appropriate communication medium to a variety of audiences
- Strong MS Office Skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Understanding of the NCT or another national or international voluntary organisation
GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
Foundation Certificate - AAT Level 2
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. This tests the knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
The area you will cover include:
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Accounts/Finance Assistant, this includes, General Business, Ethical Standards, Communication, Attention to Detail and Professionalism. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’
- Agile - flexible to changing requirements
- Brave - not afraid to be bold
- Collaborative - work well with others
- Inclusive - champion diversity and act with tolerance and respect
- Passionate - about NCT's charitable mission
- Rigorous – make evidence-based decisions
Potential to progress within the apprenticeship scheme to AAT Level 3.
- 6 weeks holiday per holiday year (April to March) plus bank holidays
- Group Personal Pension Scheme- NCT will match employees' contributions up to 5%
- Generous Family Friendly Policy covering paid maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave. In addition, we will pay for pregnant employees and those employees whose partner is pregnant to attend an NCT antenatal course
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Parking close by
Please note, the salary range is between £15,000 - £18,000 depending on skills and qualifications.