- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Verinder Powell Associates Limited
VPA are eager and to
recruit a tax assistant to join their growing team. The successful candidate
will benefit from training with senior members of the team and be given the
opportunity to assist with a range of tax compliance work. In addition, they
will be given an excellent training package which, should they wish, could lead
them to achieving chartered status.
include, but are not limited to, the tasks listed below:
- Preparation of personal tax calculations including
income tax and capital gains
- Assistance with basic income and expenditure accounts
- Carrying out tax research and preparing summaries of
- Dealing with client’s queries and preparing
- Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs on various
- Assisting with administration tasks
- The candidate may also be asked to complete work
from the accounts department when required
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 184442)
- Strong IT
skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Great communication is also key.
5 GSCE’s A-C (including Maths and English)
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
The area you will cover include:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment
- Competent at
working well in a team and independently.
attention to detail.
- Good time
management and organisation.
Depending upon the wishes of the candidate, their
ability and the firm’s requirements at the time, the candidate has many routes
available to them to progress their career and learning with Verinder Powell
Possibilities include becoming a more senior member
of the tax team, expanding their knowledge and work in the personal tax
department (perhaps studying towards the CTA qualification).
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension standard auto enrolment.
- Bonus (subject to targets).
- Annual pay review.
- Parking available and on bus route.