- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Duties will include:
- Book keeping – processing of invoices, bank statements, credit cards on various software packages.
- Preparation of vat returns from client records.
- Summarising data on spreadsheets to facilitate preparation of year end accounts.
- Preparation of year end accounts from manual records, spreadsheets, accounting packages.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 184976)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as Sage, Xero, Quickbooks useful but not essential.
- GCSE English and Mathematics grades A-C.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2.
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry.
Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment.
You must successfully complete the following:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK).
- Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC).
- Principles of Costing (PCTN).
- Business Environment (BESY).
- EPA - In Tray exercise.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Hard working.
- Good with numbers.
- Able to carry out tasks as instructed by other employees.
- Willingness to ask questions if unsure of tasks given.
- Ability to focus on tasks without distraction.
- Able to work within a team.
- Good time management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
Opportunity to progress to semi-senior/senior accountant role over time subject to performance/ambition and staffing levels.
- 28 holidays including bank holidays increasing with years’ service.
- Employer pension scheme available after number of years’ service.
Please note, the salary is up to to £15k depending on qualifications and experience.