- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
GLM GHEST LLOYD LIMITED
We are looking for a driven, professional school / college leaver who would be interested in pursuing a career within accounting.
We are providing a personalised service to business owners and individuals. Joining as an Accounting Apprentice, you will be providing accountancy and business support services to a portfolio of clients, operating across various industries. You will be working under the guidance of the senior accountants.
We are a well-established firm that embraces all of the latest technology enabling us to provide up to date real-time support to our clients. We are dynamic and continue to grow.
We are recruiting for a staff member who will report to the partner and senior members of the team. This role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of accounting and tax services to all of our clients. The ideal candidate will be process driven, be able to take a common-sense approach and use analytical skills.
The duties will be:
- Post trial balances on to accounts software.
- Analyse bank statements in to cash books in excel and post on to accounts software.
- Complete accounts file working papers in excel.
- Apply accounting principles.
- Identify client queries.
- Post any accounting journals and disclosure data into accounts software.
- Complete a file for signing pack.
- Bookkeeping in accountancy software.
- Preparation of Payroll reports.
- Ad hoc administrative duties as needed by the office.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 186834)
Competent on Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A-Levels grade A-C.
- GCSE's grade 9/A*-4/C.
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3.
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in an accounting or finance role. Their work could include assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
You will be studying the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You will study 5 units:
- Financial Accounting; Preparing Financial Statements (FAPS).
- Management Accounting Techniques (MATS).
- Tax Processes for Business (TPFB).
- Business Awareness (BUAW).
- Advanced Synoptic Assessment (ADSY) which forms part of your End Point Assessment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Adaptable and wanting to develop skills across various fields of accountancy and taxation.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance workloads to manage the needs of various clients.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proactive and willing to take on increased responsibility when ready.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good relationship building skills.
- You will need to be flexible and be prepared to help others when needed. You will also have the ability to be able to work within a team.
You will be part of the practice’s continued expansion and will be expected to want to progress within the company whilst completing the AAT qualification. There will also be the opportunity to carry out further study upon completion of the AAT. The Company will provide study support towards all professional accountancy qualifications. This is a permanent position therefore once the Apprenticeship is completed you will be a permanent staff member with progression opportunity and further training courses including ACA.
- 28 days holidays including Bank Holidays.
- Standard employer pension.
- Parking available.