- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Wetherspoon is looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join its hard-working teams. No previous kitchen experience is necessary and - as it recruits for personality and is a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme - Wetherspoon knows that it can teach you the skills to succeed.
Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
What's in it for you?
Wetherspoon offers competitive hourly rates for all team members, as well as the following benefits:
- a complimentary meal and a drink, when working a four-hour shift
- a 50% discount on food and soft drinks, when working; a 20% discount on all food, drinks and hotel accommodation (for you and up to three guests), when not working
- £1 extra per hour for those hours worked during midnight-5.59am
- bonus scheme - earn up to 19% of your pay
- availability of guaranteed-hour contracts and variable-hour contracts
- paid holiday
- free shares (after a qualifying period)
- loyalty reward scheme
- -£9.65 per hour (£7.50 for under 18s), availability of guaranteed-hour contracts and variable contract available.
- You will also be supported to achieve the required level in maths and English if not already achieved.
At a glance, your role is to deliver excellent customer service to make hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- ensuring that all food is stored, prepared, cooked, served and presented in accordance
with company standards
- taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, ensuring that the kitchen
is cleaned and maintained throughout the day in accordance with guidelines
- striving, at all times, to achieve the food-delivery-time targets
- being aware of, and being knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products
in the pub
- responding to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support
Alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship which will take approximately 15 months. This is a blended learning experience, delivered on a one-to-one basis in your pub by an experienced trainer from Lifetime. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whatever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 186915)
None! We're looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join our hard-working teams. We recruit for personality and, as a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme, we know that we can teach you the skills to succeed.
No previous qualifications needed
-Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
-Functional Skills in Maths and English
-Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and Wetherspoon
-Have exceptional time management skills
-Have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated
-Have a friendly nature and excellent communication skills
-Be honest, trustworthy and respectful
-Remain calm when working in a high pressure environment
-Adhere to Kitchen Uniform standards at all times
-Receive regular feedback from the management team and achieve any actions agreed
Apprenticeships provide exciting development opportunities to all of Wetherspoon's bar, kitchen and hotel teams. Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn while you earn - from associates right through to management. Over 70% of Wetherspoon's recent apprenticeship achievers received a promotion during, or shortly after completing, their programme.
We promote flexible working and encourage our employees to find a work life balance that fits around them.