- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Duties will include:
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices in accounting system.
- Liaising with suppliers by email or phone.
- Performing reconciliations and analysis.
- Performing ad hoc administrative tasks to support the finance team.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 188253)
- IT skills, emails, excel and word.
- Candidate needs to demonstrate. competencies in the qualities mentioned to the left.
GCSE's grades 9/A* - 4/C including Maths and English or equivalent.
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in an accounting or finance role. Their work could include assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
You will be studying the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You will study 5 units:
Financial Accounting; Preparing Financial Statements (FAPS).
Management Accounting Techniques (MATS).
Tax Processes for Business (TPFB).
Business Awareness (BUAW).
Advanced Synoptic Assessment (ADSY) which forms part of your End Point Assessment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Highly driven.
- Good at problem solving.
- Numerical aptitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Confident in working in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Genuine interest for a career in accountancy.
The finance team is 13 and expanding quickly. The company is on a rapid growth trajectory, which will create opportunities for the successful candidate to learn and progress their finance career. The opportunity will allow the successful candidate to be part of a great team, with the team coming from a mix of business backgrounds and accountancy qualifications. Over time the successful candidate will be supported throughout their training and gain a broad and varied understanding of roles within a finance function. The sky is the limit and there is no reason why the successful candidate could not be the CFO one day.
- Free on-site parking.
- 23 days holiday.
- Pension - Auto Enrolled after 3 months.
- Salary exchange / sacrifice pension arrangements.
- Individual private medical cover - after completion of probation period.
- Reimbursement of eye test fee.
- Half day birthday holiday - after completion of probation period.
- LifeWorks - EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) and perks.
- Access to financial advice.