- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Come and join our team and learn from the best. We offer a full training and development programme helping you to learn with the support and encouragement of a great team of accountants based here in Diss.
The ideal candidate will assist in:
- Preparation of accounts
- Liaise with clients, other departments and regional offices with regard to accounts preparation
- Tasks including bank reconciliation, expenses and VAT
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 189285)
- Experience with all MS products (Excel, word, outlook) will be an advantage.
- A Levels grades A-C - predicated or achieved.
- GCSE grade 9/A* - 6/B in English and Maths essential.
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in an accounting or finance role. Their work could include assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
You will be studying the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You will study 5 units:
Financial Accounting; Preparing Financial Statements (FAPS)
Management Accounting Techniques (MATS)
Tax Processes for Business (TPFB)
Business Awareness (BUAW)
Advanced Synoptic Assessment (ADSY) which forms part of your End Point Assessment
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Develop a team atmosphere
through hard work, calmness, patience and consistency.
- Confident in front of clients
- Retains a formal and
professional manner, reflects on difficult situations and stands back from
people and remains unemotional in order to resolve problems.
- Considers problems as a challenge.
- Adopts a calm approach and
makes time for people.
- Takes ownership for managing
own development, seeks extra responsibility, striving to always go the extra
mile, preparing well ahead of appraisal meetings.
- Has an eye for detail, being
consistent in approach, incorporating checks to ensure accuracy, standing
back from the detail ensures all tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Able to juggle a number of
jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all
deadlines and expectations are met.
- Keeps systems and procedures up
- You should be able to work well
within a team environment and have the ability to work well under pressure to
ensure deadlines are being met.
Opportunities to progress as professional
qualifications are passed.
- Free parking
- Pension contributions at 3% of salary
- 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Access to Haines Watts Flexible benefits (this is an optional salary sacrifice scheme where the Haines Watts Group have agreements with various companies, such as gyms to provide our employees with discounts)
- Flexible working hours - You would be expected to work an average of 37.5 hours per week on an annual basis
Please note salary is the apprenticeship wage for the first year and then will increase to national minimum wage for age.
Please note the interview and start dates are flexible and just a guide.