- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
St James Hotel
This is a great chance to start your career as a chef at a beautiful boutique city centre hotel
Duties to include:
- Work with the Head Chef to ensure the day-to-day running of the kitchen, food produced, legislation adhered to is maintained at all times.
- Promote and market the hotel and No/6 whenever you have the opportunity and with pride
- Maintain a robust food and health & safety culture with daily records in the kitchen which are to be signed off weekly by either the General Manager or Operations Manager.
- Maximization of food margin through informed and clever purchasing.
- Adhere to targets set in relation to all variable costs.
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, fire and other statutory regulations.
- Maintain quality and service standards across the kitchen environment through communication to line management where necessary
- Work to a weekly rota in a timely manner.
- Give feedback to customer complaints and comments back to your line managers and through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Address and troubleshooting day to day operational problems and issues.
- Deal effectively with contractors and suppliers and the rest of the hotel team
- Ensure effective security measures and practices are implemented in the kitchen as food is a very valuable commodity
- Ensure service standards are maintained at every point.
- Liaise closely with management colleagues in maximising opportunities.
National minimum wage for age will be paid for this role, the amount advertised is for a candidate under 18. Hours may increase to 40 per week to suit the needs of the business
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Commis Chef Qualification, this will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor will visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and coach the Apprentice and will be observing whilst you work.
Vocational Training Provider of the Year
As an apprentice you can also apply for an NUS card!
Please see link below with further information
NUS Apprentice extra
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 189770)
- • Good communications skills.
- • A team-first attitude.
- • Proactive and reliable, able to work alone and with a team.
- • Great hospitality skills as well as attention to detail.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Commis Chef Qualification, this will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor will visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and coach the Apprentice and will be observing whilst you work.Vocational Training Provider of the Year
- • Good timekeeping, commitment and a passion to learner and work well within a team.
- • Positive outlook and outgoing personality.
- • We are looking for someone with a smart appearance.
- • A keen interest in cookery is essential for this role.
There is a chance of full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate