- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
To assist with the preparation, reporting and reconciliation of cashbooks and client accounts, preparation of client invoices and revenue analysis.
To take responsibility for each of the tasks detailed in this job description, and to assist the Client Reporting team to ensure the department runs as effectively as possible.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintaining cashbooks and providing a full reconciliation and posting of cash receipts/payments both internally and on behalf of clients.
- Responsible for ensuring billing information is collected in a timely manner across the business for month end client invoicing.
- Assist with generating and sending of client invoices.
- Regularly monitor outstanding client debt and escalate appropriately internally and externally any issues.
- Review and update revenue figures for month end accounts and provide revenue coding analysis.
- To liaise with clients Finance Departments either verbally or by way of writing, and attend meetings, as required.
- Work with the wider finance team on ad hoc projects.
- To liaise with outside agencies either verbal or by way of writing concerning requests for information.
The duties contained in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be required to perform other duties from time to time in line with your skills and experience.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 190437)
- An eye for detail.
- Good knowledge of MS Office – particularly Excel.
- Must be highly organised and have effective communication skills.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, written or spoken, with regards to all financial matters.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as an individual and have a “can do” attitude.
- GCSE's - including Math and English grade 9/A* to 4/C
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry.
Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment. You must successfully complete the following:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK).
- Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC).
- Principles of Costing (PCTN).
- Business Environment (BESY).
- EPA - In Tray exercise.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Decision Making - Makes effective and timely decisions having weighed up all of the facts.
- Business Focus - Has a strong appreciation of the business and its future direction.
- Integrity - Shows support and recognition for company values. Demonstrates high levels of openness and honesty at all times.
- Communication - Delivers messages using the most appropriate methods in a constructive and understandable way, engaging with people to reach mutual understanding.
- Resilience - Maintains effectiveness in the event of challenging circumstances or setbacks.
- Adaptability - Adapts behaviours to improve on effective performance.
Career Development Paths/Plans can be discussed.
- Salary £10,345.50 - £18,525 per annum, depending on experience.
- 29 days annual leave per calendar year including Bank Holidays plus birthday off.
- SAS (Sports And Social) activities including charity events.
- Onsite gym and access to many other wellbeing resources including Employee Assistance Programme .
- Employee discounts via Benefit Hub.
- On site parking.