- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Event managers and organisers
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Blackfriars - Gloucester City Council
To contribute to the delivery of events at Blackfriars Priory and across a number of other City Council run venues in carrying our a diverse range of tasks in the organisation/delivery of events e.g. answering customer queries via telephone, email and face-to-face, actioning event schedules, event setup, preparation and delivery to ensure that visitors have a great experience at our venues.
This role incorporates study and completion of a Level 3 Events Assistant Apprenticeship whilst working within the Council during a fixed term placement of at least 18 months
•Provide exceptional customer service when welcoming visitors to the venue including wedding parties, event delegates, tourists and festival attendees.
•Assist with event planning, including the creation of event schedules and meeting with customers to create plans.
•Plan and manage room set ups and resets ensuring excellent attention to detail at all times.
•Be part of the event delivery team, ensuring the smooth running of events whilst in action.
•Maintain all public areas (internal and external) ensuring they are constantly presentable ensuring that the venue remains known as a high quality, reputable venue.
•Use the room hires management system to ensure that corporate hire customers are greeted and their experience with the service is positive.
•Respond to enquiries from members of the public, suppliers and other staff.
•Maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
•Work in partnership with the Technician ensuring that all technical equipment is installed correctly and as per hirer requirements.
•Assist the food and drink team in the service of refreshments and alcohol.
•Tell the story of Blackfriars and the city through engaging with the public throughout the various parts of the historic site – especially when open as a visitor attraction.
•Contribute to service initiatives and participate in any relevant local projects or activities as appropriate
•Study towards and complete the Events Assistant Level 3 NVQ.
•Carry out any other appropriate duties under the direction of the designated line manager for the placement.
•Most events generally happen on the weekend and often into the early hours, therefore you must be prepared to work unsociable hours.
•You will be on your feet a considerable amount as well as lifting and shifting equipment therefore this needs to be considered when applying for this role.
24 days holiday per year
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 190744)
Company website : http://www.gloucesterblackfriars.co.uk/
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and others members of staff
- An understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential
- Good IT skills, with a knowledge of a range of different computer packages e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- An awareness of own and other’s Health and Safety· Ability to work with changing technology and embrace change and digital transformation.
- Willingness to learn and to take responsibility for their own development
GCSEs A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent) or willingness to undertake a Functional Skills qualification (English, Maths )
Level 3 Events Assistant Apprenticeship
Level 2 Maths & English Functional Skills
There will be additional opportunities within Gloucester City Council.
- Excellent presentation, both visually and personal.
- Willingness to speak to all visitors with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Ability to put the customer first and provide a memorable visitor experience.
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems.
- Be able to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Take ownership in your work and be able to plan effectively.
- Ability to work individually and as an effective team member.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to all aspects of the programme and to participate fully in a personal training plan.
Gloucester City Council manages a number of Cultural venues as well as the Festivals and Events team for Gloucester. Subject to vacancy availability, the apprentice may have the opportunity to apply for a role in the authority.
£7.70 per hour or National Minimum Wage if this is higher for their age (£9.50 for those aged 23 years and over and £9.18 for those aged 21 years and 22 years)