- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Management & Team Leading
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
De Vere - Beaumont Estate
De Vere Hotels are offering opportunities for keen apprentices to join them, learn the trade and gain a qualification. They are looking for passionate individuals who are looking for a start within the industry and are wanting to learn and progress.
Our hotels are some of the most vibrant, fun, challenging and exciting workplaces you can possibly find.
The Emerging Leader Programme is an accelerated learning and development programme that offers real opportunities for you to carve out a rewarding and successful career in hospitality.
It's an in depth programme, running for 24 months, with lots of training and development, including a 5 month training induction to the programme, ensuring you get off on the right foot. Over the course of 24 months, you’ll work across each of our operational hotel departments including reception, restaurant, bars, conference and housekeeping. This ensures you gain valuable skills, experience and exposure.
Working as a member of our Food & Beverage Team, the Assistant Food & Beverage Outlet Manager supports with the day-to-day preparation, set up and service of our food and beverage outlets.
You will supervise the food and beverage teams to deliver excellent levels of customer service, ensuring that every moment is memorable for our guests. You will provide on-going training and briefings to the team, ensuring that our service standards are maintained at all times. This will include working across our 1705 Restaurant & Bar and Beaumont Restaurant.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Outlet Manager will also undertake additional responsibilities including shift opening/closing procedures, stock control and managing restaurant bookings.
As an Emerging Leader Management Apprentice, your daily activites will include:
- Undertake operational and guest service activities across your departmental rotations.
- Use the property management system, Opera for all Front Office, Events and Reservation tasks.
- Develop knowledge of team-leading duties including delivering shift briefings and bitesize training sessions.
- Take the lead on allocated shifts and hotel events.
- Participate in additional projects set by the management team.
We appreciate that completing and achieving an Apprenticeship qualification takes dedication, hard work and a lot of personal motivation. At De Vere we are passionate about celebrating and sharing success, so when you pass your Apprenticeship we think it's only right that all of your hard work is recognised and rewarded. As such, we will celebrate this fantastic achievement with you by offering:
- A £250 congratulations bonus
- A place on the apprenticeship "Wall of Fame"
- A bespoke gift from De Vere
- A celebration event with other Apprentices
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our colleagues.
That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Assistant Food & Beverage Outlet Manager.
- £10.00 per hour, on a full-time 40 hour contract
- Restaurant Service Charge
- 28 days holiday each year (increasing annually up to 33 days)
- An additional paid day off for your birthday, with a £20 love to shop voucher to celebrate the occasion
- Complimentary 2 nights stay in a De Vere property to celebrate your employment anniversary, with additional monetary rewards for long service milestones
- Competitive colleague and friends & family rates for overnight stays at De Vere properties, with 50% discount on Food & Beverage
- Monthly colleague recognition through our You Are De Vere rewards programme
- Complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities
- Access to our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, which includes discounts on retail, travel and leisure activities
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities, including access to Apprenticeship programmes and study support
- Access to Hospitality Action, our Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 health and wellbeing support
- Use of Wagestream financial wellbeing platform, allowing instant access to your pay
- Subsidised travel options to support your journey home from work
- Regular team appreciation events, including a Christmas & Summer party
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Company Life Assurance scheme
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 191054)
Company website : www.devere.co.uk
You have to be passionate about hospitality to make a success of this programme.
You'll need to manage your time well, as you'll be working and studying as part of your development. So you’ll be committed, hardworking and absolutely dedicated to the programme.
No formal qualifications required
It's an in-depth programme, running for 24 months, with lots of training and development, including a 5-month training induction to the programme, ensuring you get off on the right foot.
Over the course of 24 months, you’ll work across each of our operational hotel departments including reception, restaurant, bars, conference and housekeeping. This ensures you gain valuable skills, experience and exposure.
You'll need to be flexible: working in hotel operations naturally involves working shifts at weekends and evenings, and the nature of this programme will require you to work across a number of different departments.
We want you to be on track to become a future leader, so by the conclusion of he programme, you will have achieved a Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship and completed our 'Inspire to Manage' internal training modules. You'll get lots of support along the way, plus lots of opportunities to get involved in some really exciting events and initiatives. You'll emerge from the programme with the skills, experience and development you need to be a best in class hotel operator, ready to take your first supervisory or management position.