- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Letchworth Garden City
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
The Orchard at Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club Restaurant & Bar
The Orchard restaurant group was established in 2012 and is a family owned company that now operates two restaurant sites. We currently have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Commis or Sous Chef to come on board at our Letchworth Garden City site, which opened in 2021, to train and become Head Chef, taking that step up to management level.
Operating 7 days a week, The Orchard at Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club offers breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea daily. Evening service is only on a Friday night, or for private functions. Thus, not only is this a really varied opportunity to run a restaurant kitchen, there is the freedom to get creative for private functions and keep that all important work-life balance, as evening shifts are few!
We are looking for an individual who has experience in restaurant kitchens, but is passionate about progressing their career to Head Chef. This is a small kitchen, with a small team, but a site with a huge amount of potential and a unique opportunity to carve out your own daily menu, design public & club member events, plus get creative with private party functions, all whilst undertaking your Level 3 qualification at a pace that suits you.
- To operate & manage the kitchen to the highest standard and maintain our 5* EHO rating
- To manage stock, ordering and create menus, whilst hitting the required GPs
- To motivate and inspire a small team to maintain the same high standards in your absence and provide consistency with our offering
- To manage wastage and get creative with daily specials to minimize waste
- To cost out and create menus for private function clients
- To be a positive, inspiring leader within The Orchard team
- Training & support and a fully funded Level 3 Qualification
- A food allowance whilst on shift and discounts across both sites when off shift
- Pension contributions
- Access to an Employee Assist well-being programme, delivered by Health Assured
- Free car parking
- 40 hours a week contract
- Get paid for every hour worked (clock in & out digitally)
- Very few evening shifts required
- The opportunity to make your mark and get creative
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 191065)
Company website : www.theorchardletchworth.co.uk
- Previous experience (minimum of 3 years) working within a professional restaurant kitchen
- Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 / C or higher (desirable)
- Level 3 Chef De Partie apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
We are looking for someone who is passionate and self motivated, who can think creatively and have fun, whilst maintaining professionalism.
You need to care about every plate of food that leaves the pass, and have the ability to thrive in this high pressured environment.
As a family owned business, we are always looking for new opportunities. Two sites is not the end for us, and we hope to continue to grow and develop our company, with the right team members pushing together to create an exciting future.
A great start to a Professional Career.