- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Duties will include:
- Reception and telephone.
- Post incoming and outgoing.
- Client refreshments.
- Client payroll.
- Client bookkeeping.
- Assisting with compliance and regulation.
- Client management.
From an accounting perspective you will begin with payroll and bookkeeping and in time will have the opportunity to develop your skills with Personal Tax and Accounts Preparation. Working with the office manager you will also help take care of the smooth running of the office so that you get a full understanding of how a professional digital office works.
If the candidate would like a 2 day paid trial before they decide to join us this is something we would welcome.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 194206)
- The successful candidate will want to study towards your AAT as a stepping stone to a great career.
- pick things up quickly and are eager to learn.
- Are numerate and literate.
- Have an interest in business.
- Love IT and are quick to learn new software.
- Can use your initiative and make a decision.
- Are a clear communicator.
- Are well known for your common sense approach.
- Are reliable and professional.
- Can demonstrate good results and success.
- Want to be part of a friendly open team with a great culture.
- A Levels grades A-C.
- GCSE's grades 9/A* - 4/C including Maths and English.
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into Accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE). The area you will cover include:
- Bookkeeping transactions.
- Bookkeeping controls.
- Elements of costing.
- Using accounting software.
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment.
Training will be provided either via classroom or remote sessions. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of their time towards it.
- Bright and enthusiastic.
- Intelligence and attitude are key to the success of this role.
- We would welcome applications from ambitious bright individuals taking their first step in the workplace.
In time will have the opportunity to develop your skills with Personal Tax and Accounts Preparation. After success at Level 2 there would be support to complete both levels 3 and 4 then move on to ACCA as many of our current team have done.
Benefits will include:
- 28 days including Bank Holidays.
- Pension – in line with auto-enrolment regulations.
- Group social events including summer and Christmas party.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- After 2 years – one extra day off for your birthday.
- Soft skills training Digital systems, paperless and modern technology.
- Free parking.
Flexibility to start as early as 8:15am or 8:45am and leave at the equivalent time, take a shorter lunch break of 30 mins and leave 30 minutes earlier.
Please note the salary is £10,000 to £16,000 depending on experience and grades.