- GMFJ Reference
20.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Hospitality team member (ST0233)
EG Group - Starbucks Stanstead
EG Group are looking for a friendly and dedicated Apprentice Barista who can provide outstanding customer service to join our welcoming Starbucks store!
As an Apprentice Barista, you will have a range of duties including
- engaging with our customers, delivering a fast and friendly service
- preparing our much-loved beverages and products
- ensuring the store is clean, tidy and well presented
Join us and you will be part of a team that loves to work together to ensure your store looks great and each customer leaves feeling happy.
To show our appreciation for your hard work, we have a range of benefits you can take advantage of
- Starbucks discount - 30% off food, drinks & merchandise
- Food to Go Discounts – 15% off KFC, Greggs, Subway, Burger King & much more
- Discount partnerships – retail, food, home, garden, electronics & much more
- 24/7 access to virtual GP & wellbeing service
- Quarterly bonus incentive
- Contracted hours
- Free on shift beverage
- Progression & career opportunities
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Recognition rewards
- 10% Discount Card for Asda
- Learning & development opportunities
- Work anniversary awards
- Compassionate leave
- EG Cares benefits & rewards platform
- Access to the Learning Hub with the most extensive online learning course library in the world
As an Apprentice Barista you will be completing a L2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard with Inspiro Learning.
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- study for at least 20% of your working hours
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Inspiro Learning Limited on 0 (Ref ID: 226669)
Some customer service experience always comes in handy, although it is not essential, as we will support you with great training!
None required as full training will be given.
As an Apprentice you will complete a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Inspiro regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment
The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
If you are reliable, dedicated and love to have fun as part of a team then we would be delighted to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career at Starbucks. We pride ourselves on training, development and progression so this application is just the start!