You may not have the experience yet, but you want to earn-as-you-learn, whilst gaining a qualification in a professional working environment, so why not give your career a kick start and join our BAM FM Apprenticeship Programme?
With this Apprenticeship you can complete a Level 3 Procurement and supply assistant standard. Our Apprenticeship will be a full-time role from Monday to Friday.
• Identifying potential suppliers and new products in line with BAM UK strategy
• Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations
• Sending out buying enquiries for current projects & placing complex orders
• Sending out tender enquiries in support of and working with estimating regional teams
• Keeping detailed records and maintaining well-organised work schedules
• Assessing the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers in terms of KPI’s and feedback
• Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials and delivery of services
• Ensuring compliance with the safety, health, environmental and sustainability requirements of materials and services
• Providing advice to the estimators on the predicted cost of individual items
Who are we looking for?
5 GCSES including English and Maths.
Good time management, critical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent problem-solving and negotiating abilities.
Willingness to gain professional qualification within the procurement function.
What’s in it for you?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Your work environment
Please click apply at the top of this page or if you are a colleague from Ireland, United Kingdom or The Netherlands. If you are a colleague from Belgium or Germany, you can apply by sending an e-mail to the assigned recruiter. The contact details can be found next to the vacancy text. This is a temporary process until BAM People has been fully implemented in all countries. Thank you for your understanding.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.