Problem Solving/Creativity/maintaining standards
• Respond to issues requiring a good understanding of work-area policies and procedures.
• Resolves complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; use discretion and know who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks.
• Take a moderate level of accountability in the delivery of services offered by AMT Lawyers.
• Analyse and interpret a variety of situations and determine the most appropriate course of action.
• Use appropriate tools available to undertake the task as efficiently as possible
• Use relevant information from various sources to solve problems that impact own work area
• Update manuals/procedures and provide training to paralegals where appropriate
• Prioritise work
• Work as part of a team understanding and focusing on how the role supports the team’s and department’s priorities
• Work with colleagues to co-ordinate, develop, improve and work to Lexcel standards.
Responsibility and accountability
• Responsible for the receipt and acknowledgment of queries with appropriate tracking and response
• Responsible for prioritising work
• Responsible for supporting others.
• Interpret and communicate established processes and procedures to a range of audiences
• Convey information/advice to others that can be complex in nature and oversee implementation of any action
• Share information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
• Tailor communication to different audiences and clients.
• Obtain necessary level of information to inform decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring
• Articulate when necessary how decisions have been reached
• Provide advice and feedback to support other’s decision making
• Automatically make decisions on routine issues
• Follow departmental procedures.
• Exercise confidentiality in relation to personal and sensitive information based on AMT Lawyers policy and procedures.
Knowledge & Skill
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of own work area and how it impacts wider operations within AMT Lawyers.
• Ability to use the appropriate system in place applicable in the service area with specific support and training
• Keep up to date with issues relating to the work of the team and department
• Proactively research information from a range of different sources, internally and externally to help inform own knowledge
to benefit the work of the team.
• Develop expertise in a range of areas and practice within the firm.
• Personal Health and Safety in the workplace