- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Please note: Job listing may show as a different title on Workday, but this is the correct role.
As an Operations Apprentice you will be key to providing manufacturing and assemble capabilities to the defence and security of the United Kingdom, you will deliver hands on production and process operations in highly regulated and safety conscious working environment.
These roles can be physically demanding, you will be required to pass a medical for general fitness and suitability to work with our unique materials, one key requirement is to have a BMI of under 35, this is a legal requirement for wearing respiratory protection
The role requires flexibility to move around the business and between AWE sites, the main two being Tadley and Burghfield, to achieve this we have different working patterns that you may be required to switch between.
The next wave of role closures will occur on 28th January or until the role is filled, apply now for the best chance of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 239420)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
- 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English (Science desirable)
- Age: Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 31st August 2024 due to security clearance requirements
- Responsible for operating safely and complying with all local relevant facility safety, operating and company procedures.
- Reporting any malfunctions, abnormal conditions or issues.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Carry out 6s activities in line with business area requirements.
- Adopt a ‘See It, Own It, Solve It’ mind-set, by identifying obstacles to success and taking ownership to find solutions to those problems.
- Complete practical and assessment tasks to specified standards, re-working where required including maintenance of own equipment and storage management as appropriate
- Attend college or other educational sites as required on a flexible attendance/timings basis to attain the apprenticeship framework
- Complete written assignments, key and apprenticeship documentation to time and quality required
- Flexibility to move between areas as required to complete rotational training in each area
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or projects when requested
- The company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
These roles are governed by Health and Safety at Work Regulations and require all candidates to have an Occupational Health pre-employment medical held at AWE which follows the initial selection process.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE's ambition is to create workplaces where we recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and their employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants. Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.