- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Metrology technician (ST0282)
Becoming a Metrology Technician may appeal to you if you enjoy:
- Learning and applying your knowledge in the workplace
- Performing practical tasks by following procedures
- Being self-motivated and inquisitive.
- Taking an analytical / mathematical approach to problem solving
- Working with data; retrieving, analysing, interpreting, validating and recording
- Making a difference by checking product quality
The next wave of role closures will occur on 28th January or until the role is filled, apply now for the best chance of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 239446)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
- An interest and ideally aptitude for engineering or technology
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Health and safety aware
- Effective at following instructions
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
- 4 GCSEs or equivalent (minimum accepted: English at Grade 4 (C), GCSE in Maths at Grade 5 (C/B), GCSE in relevant Science subject (Grade 5) and another GCSE Grade 4)
- 1 ‘A’ Level or equivalent Grade C or above
The workplace activities will be a combination of placement in the Skills Academy and onsite rotation. You will develop your basic knowledge and core skills in the academy before progressing around AWE to apply your training. In addition to the vocational aspects of your training, you will further your knowledge of metrology through academic studies at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL). You will study the ‘Metrology Technician Level 3’ course and on it’s successful completion you will be eligible for professional registration as either Registered Engineering Technician (EngTech) or Registered Science Technician (RSciTech).
Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 12th of August 2024, due to security clearance requirements.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
AWE's ambition is to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and their employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.