- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Please note: Job listing will show as a different title on Workday, but this is the correct role.
A draughtsperson produces engineering designs and drawings for components, structures, piping, control & instrumentation systems, and electrical systems used in industrial and commercial construction.
The role may appeal to you if you are interested in:
- Technical drawings
- Engineer drawing
- CAD (computer aided design)
- Design communication
What does AWE offer?
- A starting salary of £16,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £20,500
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours per year) and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- Access to employee discounts portal – for everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
The next wave of role closures will occur on 28th January or until the role is filled, apply now for the best chance of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on email@example.com (Ref ID: 239451)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
- A practical aptitude for engineering & technology
- Computer literacy
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health & safety
- Ability to follow instructions
- Passionate and motivated
- 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English AND a 5/B in Science
The first part of your training will be spent in the award-winning Skills Academy whilst also attending a local college on day release. Once you’ve met the required learning, you will undertake focused professional placements across the business where you will gain knowledge of the challenges we face, problem solving, and safety requirements.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 31st August 2024 due to security clearance requirements
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
AWE's ambition is to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and their employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.