- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
18 - 24 months
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Higher Level 4
Please note: Job listing will show as a different title on Workday, but this is the correct role.
Becoming a Quality Practitioner may appeal to you if you:
- Have eye for detail and interest in improving things
- Can review documents and understand their application in the real world
- Have a logical approach to understanding processes
- Have a hands-on approach to problem solving
- PC literate
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Health and safety aware
- Effective at following instructions
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
- A logical structured way of thinking
- Passion and motivation for your chosen profession
Duration of training: 18 months to 2 years
You will be based at Aldermaston (close to Reading)
What AWE offer:
- A competitive starting salary of £20,000
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours per year) and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- Access to employee discounts portal – for everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
The next wave of role closures will occur on 28th January or until the role is filled, apply now for the best chance of success.
Our ambition is to create workplaces where we recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. We strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide us will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on email@example.com (Ref ID: 239777)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
- GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 31st August 2024 due to security clearance requirements
In addition to the vocational aspects of your training, we will further your knowledge of quality through academic studies as you work towards the completion of your professional qualifications. On successful completion of this apprenticeship you will be eligible for professional registration to the Chartered Quality Institute Practitioner grade
All successful candidates will join on 12th August 2024. It is important that you are available that week and the week commencing 19th August so you can meet the rest of the Apprentice cohort and take part in the induction programme. There is another compulsory training week from 11th September, so you'll be asked not to request annual leave that week either.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.