- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
As an electronic apprentice you will spend your first two years of training in the skills academy producing several electronic projects whilst also attending college part time. These projects will help you to develop your skills and knowledge in basic electronic theory, components, basic circuit design, circuit construction and reporting.
In your final 18 – 24 months you will spend your time on several 6-month placements around the business where you will also work towards your final project.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend several lectures designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of further electronic theory, these include:
- Component recognition
- Component characteristics
- Circuit calculations
- Semi-conductor theory
- Fault finding techniques
- Testing and measuring
This role may appeal to you if you are you interested in:
- Arduino or Raspberry PI
- Understanding how all things electronic work
- Designing and building electronic circuits
- Use of electronic test equipment for fault finding, maintenance and repair of circuits & systems
- Analogue and Digital electronics
Location: You will be based in Aldermaston (close to Reading)
Duration of training: Up to 6 years (varies depending on personal performance)
What AWE offer
- A starting salary of £20,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £22,500
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
The deadline line for applications is Sunday October 29th. The earlier you apply the better chance you have of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 239809)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
You'll need to demonstrate:
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- Computer literacy (PC)
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety
- The ability to follow instructions
- A passion and motivation for this profession
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over, as of 12th August 2024, due to security clearance requirements
- 3 A levels @ grade C or above inc. Maths or Science or BTEC diploma in Engineering.
All successful candidates will join on 12th August 2024. It is important that you are available that week and the week commencing 19th August so you can meet the rest of the Apprentice cohort and take part in the induction programme. There is another compulsory training week from 11th September, so you'll be asked not to request annual leave that week either.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
AWE's ambition is to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.