- GMFJ Reference
36.25 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Higher Level 4
- Apprenticeship Standard
Professional accounting or taxation technician (ST0003)
Johnson Tidsall Ltd
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our accounts department.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside our existing team assisting with the preparation of accounts, bookkeeping and assisting on larger assignments including audits.
You will learn how to work to deadlines, communicate and respond to queries both from clients and other members of staff. As you progress through your training there will be the opportunity to take on more challenging assignments.
Reporting to accounts and audit seniors the main job tasks and responsibilities are:
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
- Bookkeeping for clients using cloud based products.
- Assisting on larger assignments including audit clients both in the office and out at client's premises.
- Progressing to the preparation of limited company audit exempt accounts. Administration tasks as required.
- Ad hoc assignments.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 240339)
- Ability to work with numerical data.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship Level 4
ACA Certificate will develop your accountancy skills and technical knowledge, so you continue to add value to your company. You’ll achieve a globally-recognised qualification (CFAB), and gain a deeper understanding of accountancy and finance, and how it relates on a wider business scale.
This level consists of six exams that introduce the essentials of accountancy, finance, and businesses. The six exams also make up a standalone qualification: the ICAEW CFAB (ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business). The units are:
- Accounting (AC).
- Assurance (AS).
- Business, Technology & Finance (BTF).
- Law (LW).
- Management Information (MI).
- Principles of Taxation (PTX).
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons or Live Online sessions. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working within a team.
- Ability to be organised and plan.
- Able to create a good work, study, life balance.
Career progression available for the right candidate. Previous Level 4 CFAB apprentices have continued on to the Level 7 apprenticeship.
Please note, the salary is £14,000 - £17,000 pa depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday.
- Workplace pension.