- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Edith Rose Day Nurseries Ltd
Edith Rose Day Nurseries Ltd are looking for a enthusiastic candidate to start working as an apprentice within their nursery. Whether you are starting your early years career or have a level 2 qualification already and looking to progress onto the level 3, this is the role for you!
Role description / key accountabilities:
Purpose of post:
- To be trained to do the role of a qualified practitioner, contributing to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the care of the setting.
- To give support to their staff within the setting. Building working relationships with all management and staff.
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual child can play, develop and learn. Learning how to provide quality play and care through day to day activities with the framework of the company’s policies and procedures.
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with their mentor, parents and colleagues.
- Reporting to Nursery and Operations Manager/ Mentor/ Room Leader
- Attend and complete any additional training deemed appropriate by the company.
- Support all staff and engage with a positive attitude.
- Under supervision – Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day to day caring and early learning needs.
- Under supervision – ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical history.
- To advise management, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in and out of working hour activities, e.g training, monthly staff meetings, parent’s evenings, fayres. Etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as, administration, domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment. Etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting. Including confidentiality, emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the role.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold it’s standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities with a safe and caring environment. Consulting with children and involving them where possible.
- Under the supervision-provide refreshments and ensuring good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained.
- To be aware of and know who is responsible to lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding officer etc.
- Administering first aid when necessary and completing relevant paperwork.
Education and Training:
- Commitment to personal development, attenfing all scheduled sessions with training provider and complete assignments on time.
- Desire to continue with professional development
- Relevant safeguarding training
- Recent paediatric first aid certificate
- Basic food hygiene
- Experience working with children, or willingness to learn.
- Experience of working within a play-based setting, providing and facilitating safe and creative play, or willingness to learn.
- Experience of implementation of EYFS, or willingness to learn.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 240403)
Company website : https://www.edithrosenursery.co.uk/
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Good presentation skills
- Possess a level of general computer Literacy with a range of IT skills.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate creative abilities.
- Sound judgement on common sense
- GCSE in maths and English at grade 3 or above/ functional skills at Level 1
- Level 2 in Childcare / Early Years or 6 months experience within a nursery setting.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. Edith Rose Day Nurseries Ltd will
provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your
role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your
You will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship
standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in Maths and
English if required
This will be delivered through Edith Rose Day Nurseries Ltd’s dedicated
training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- Fun and Creative Character
- Willing to Learn
- Continuation of career progression with completion of level 2 and then 3