- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
Michelle Dodgson Childminders
Michelle Dodgson Childminders are looking for an apprentice to join their friendly team working 3 days a week - 10 hours per day.
This role includes:
- Provide the children with safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Operate a key worker system and liaise with parents, carers and senior staff.
- Plan a range activities to meet the needs of individual children.
- Be a caring, compassionate member of our team and hold a passion to teach and shape new lives.
- Are able to commit to a full apprenticeship programme
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 240407)
- Imagination and creativity
- A caring and kind nature
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Eager to learn, hands on and be willing to have fun
- Working as part of a loving, supportive and caring team.
- Preferred A*- C / 9-4 GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Experience preferred, but not essential.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your
employer. Michelle Dodgson Childminders will
provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your
role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship
standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in Maths and
English if required
This will be delivered through Michelle
Dodgson Childminders’ dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an
exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late
- Communication is a key element of this role, therefore the right person must be fluent in English and enjoy interacting with children.
- We have a very friendly French Bulldog, so a love of animals is also essential.
- Personality is most important. The applicant must be passionate in working with children, confident with children and other adults and motivating to provide exciting activities for the children, to help them develop.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be kind and caring and very patient and contribute to daily tasks which include the personal care of children, cleaning and light cooking.
- To Gain a Qualification in Childcare
- Lots of room for progression
I have been an Ofsted Registered Childminder for 13 years working with children from 6 weeks old up to 12 years. We have a large playroom with two rooms and areas to play elsewhere in the house such as the conservatory and dining room. We also have an enclosed garden which the children love to play in and we are a short few minutes walk to the nature reserve and park.
We have a large selection of toys and love to do crafts, baking, construction play, imaginative play and lots of singing.
We also go out and about to toddler groups, the park, the library, the farm and different day trips in the school holidays.