- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Early years practitioner (ST0888)
CC Nurseries Group
At Wendover Day Nursery, part of the CC Nurseries Group, we offer quality childcare, with Nursery places for children aged 12 weeks to five years. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individual to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity.
During your apprentice duties will include;
- To demonstrate high quality interaction with children, including listening skills, guidance and questioning
- To work as a member of the team to ensure safety, learning and development and parent partnerships for all children and families
- Ensure the safety of the environment and of all children, reporting concerns immediately to the nursery management team. This includes safeguarding.
- Ensuring the maintenance of good standards of cleanliness and hygiene for the children attending the nursery. This includes effective mealtimes, changing nappies and toilet training.
- To record any accidents or incidents in the correct format.
- To adhere to our collection policy ensuring that only a known person collects children.
- Ensure all policies/procedures and risk assessments are read, understood and adhered to.
- Complete all mandatory training in the given timescales.
- Attend regular staff meetings and parents evenings.
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and uphold its standards at all times both within working hours and outside.
- Be happy and approachable at all times.
Our team members are the beating heart of our Nurseries. We pride ourselves on nurturing each and every member throughout their journey with us, from wellbeing and reward programmes to in-house training and opportunities for progression.
Rewards and benefits
· Birthday Day Off
· Annual leave up to 28 days
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Sovereign Healthcare Programme.
· Paid training
· Day off work for charity per year.
· Company Pension Scheme.
· High Street Discounts.
· Enhanced discounted childcare, minimum of a 60% discount for nursery employees.
· Annual leave purchase scheme available – buy 5 days per year.
· Long service awards
· Star of the moment awards.
· Annual awards ceremony.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 240928)
Company website : https://wendoverdaynursery.co.uk/
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to work as part of a team in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals.
- Passion for personal development
Grade 4/C in English and Maths preferred.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. CC Nurseries Group will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
•Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
•Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Qualification
•Functional skills in Maths and English if required
This will be delivered through CC Nurseries Groups' dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020.
Level 3 Early years practitioner, Head of Room
Our Award-winning nurseries can be found in Middlesex, Brentford, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Barnet and Scotland.
We provide stimulating environments and incredible early childhood experiences which aim to spark imagination and curiosity in children as they begin their learning journey.
Our four key values ensure that we are delivering on our mission statement, that childhood matters. We take inspiration from the Te Wariki curriculum of New Zealand and deliver our curriculum through our four key values of inspiring environments, responsive teaching and learning, respectful relationships and equality and equity. To nurture is to belong.
We’re committed to ensuring our teams are fully inclusive and diverse, and have signed the MITEY charter, which highlights the importance and value of men, women and people with other gendered or non-gendered identities within the Early Years Workforce.