First Place Nurseries provide a stimulating, happy and nurturing environment where children are encouraged to reach their full potential through learning and play.
They are looking for apprentices to join their team across multiple sites, a great opportunity to develop for the right candidate, as you will be nurtured and supported every step of the way.
•Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
•Ensure you are familiar with the essential policies and procedures and employee handbook, especially safeguarding children, Prevent, whistleblowing, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety. You will be provided with a copy of the nursery’s essential policies and procedures and employee handbook.
•Work in partnership with early years professionals, for example Health Visitors and SEN services.
•Within reason to comply with requests to work outside normal hours, for example to cover if staff unexpectedly have to leave the room or are called away.
•Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Ensure management are informed and consulted where relevant.
•Attend and participate in room and staff meetings.
•Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required by the Nursery.
•Never leave the room / nursery / childcare location and put your colleagues at risk of being out of ratio – unless in case of emergency.
•Support co-ordinators such as SENCO, Equal Opportunities in their roles.
•Attend training and development courses as directed by your Manager or Assessor.
•To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and promote the quality ethos of the nursery.
First Place Nurseries offer lots of great benefits;
- Competitive salaries and annual pay reviews - up to £23,000 per annum dependant on age and experience
- Paid overtime for whole nursery staff meetings
- Performance and recognition reward schemes
- Childcare provision for staff, with substantial discounts
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
- Open 50 weeks - 35 days holiday (28 days inclusive of BHs & an additional 7 days paid holiday for Xmas closure)
- Welcome bag for new colleagues
- Free car parking on-site
- Well-being goodies and staffroom treats
- Recommend a friend scheme earn and earn up to £500 for each friend who joins us
- Employee Assistance Programme from Health Assured to support wellbeing
- Celebrate your Birthday as an additional day’s annual leave each year
- Nursery Christmas celebrations and social events