Please apply for this role directly on the employer website - https://careers.mha.co.uk/job-invite/907/
Remember, accountancy is a broad sector, made up of many service lines. All are dynamic, stimulating and client led. Keep an open mind and ask questions at the assessment centre! Our tax people are creative thinkers, who help businesses make the most of their money, throughout their business lifecycle. Tax is an ever-changing landscape, so you’ll be challenged, developed and importantly, supported all the way.
Who are we?
Discover a world of endless opportunities at MHA, where we'll empower you to explore your passions and grow professionally from day one!
At MHA we're a dedicated team of like-minded accountancy professionals, with big ambitions and a prestigious client base.
We are ranked among the UK’s top 13 accountancy firms, combining high levels of technical expertise with the kind of personal service often only found in smaller firms.
In 2020, we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm! You'll have client contact from the very start, working on that’s why your ability to build great business relationships is just as important as your ability with numbers.
What will I do?
As a Tax Associates, you’ll experience the power of collaboration as you work with diverse teams on real projects, building lasting connections with colleagues and start off by learning the fundamentals, including carrying out:
- Technical tax research.
- Producing tax computations.
- Advising clients on their tax requirements.
- Negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Studying towards Professional Qualification (ATT Level 5 and/or CTA level 7)
As your technical knowledge, commercial acumen and confidence grow, you'll have the opportunity to begin advising clients on their tax affairs and deliver outstanding levels of client care. That's why your ability to build great business relationships is just as important as your ability with numbers.
We'll make sure you have the right experience, personal development, and training to make your career stimulating and rewarding. We'll carefully balance your practical experience to reinforce your professional training. Combined, these two crucial elements will help you achieve your qualification.
Along with your peers, you will be assigned mentors who will support and guide you as well as dedicated tutors who will ensure your progress and development is on track.
Our Tax Associates come from a variety of different academic and cultural backgrounds.
Please note that our tax training programmes are available to career changers, graduates, and school leavers.
So, you're graduating or looking for something new, what next? How about:
- Competitive graduate salary and benefit package.
- Work-life as well as work-study balance.
- Agile working policy with working from home opportunities and flexible hours.
- Full study support package to gain a globally recognised qualification with the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Linked learning approach with Kaplan, who are award an winning training provider.
- On the job training and practical experience.
- Face to face contact with clients early on.
- A career within a national organisation, with access to a in a global network of 30,000 people across 147 countries.
- Working with a wide range of entrepreneurs, owner managed businesses and subsidiaries of large international groups.
- Increases throughout your training contract and more.