- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
12 Months and 3 Months end of point assessment
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Business administrator (ST0070)
The Corn Exchange Theatre
An exciting opportunity to learn all aspects of the theatre industry through a Business and Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) at The Corn Exchange Theatre in Stamford.
- Learn the technical side of the theatre -Helping with lighting and sound, stage management administration.
- Box Office services, to include selling tickets, helping with marketing and general administration.
- Assisting with serving on our bars, completing stock administration forms, and learning bar management skills.
- Assist with various tasks and projects as assigned by the supervisor, following safety protocols and guidelines at all times.
- Learn and develop skills in the designated trade or profession. Undertake inhouse learning apprenticeship programme.
- Attend training sessions and workshops to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with team members to complete projects efficiently.
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you’ll:
Have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
Learn and train for a specific job.
Get paid and receive holiday leave.
Get hands-on experience in a real job.
Study for at least 20% of your working hours.
Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship.
Be on a career path with lots of future potential.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience, and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Inspiro Learning Limited on 0 (Ref ID: 241514)
- • Excellent organisational skills
- • Great communicator
- • Team worker
- • Excellent telephone manner and customer handling skills.
- • IT literate
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Apprenticeship L3 Business Administrator
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Inspiro Learning regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
- • Friendly
- • Sociable
- • Attention to detail
- • Professional smart appearance
- • Good timekeeper
- • Calm under pressure
- • Willingness to learn
This is a temporary role (for at least the duration of the apprenticeship) with the potential to be promoted to a full-time role following successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.