£28,500 rising to £30,500 in year 2
London based with some flexibility to support hybrid office/home working
What TfL offer
You will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
• Free travel on the TfL network for you and a nominee who lives in the same household
• Final salary pension scheme
• Discounted national rail and Eurostar travel
• Minimum 30 days Annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers & many more
What will I be doing?
Your work could span multiple transport modes, working in teams from across TfL with customers, local government, suppliers, consultants and contractors to deliver city-defining programmes. You will enable reliable operation of one of the world's leading transport networks and shape London’s future transport network.
The placements our Civil Engineering Graduate Engineers are currently working on include:
• Silvertown Tunnel – A new road tunnel being built under The Thames using an innovative design, build, maintain, operate contract
• Elephant & Castle redevelopment – interface with the redevelopment of Elephant & Castle shopping centre the design and construction of a new LU station entrance.
• Infrastructure Protection – working with external developers, designers and contractors to make sure their works don’t damage our assets or affect our operations
• Asset Engineers – working with one of our technical discipline teams to assess and manage our track, drainage, geotechnical, tunnel and structural assets. Getting involved in repair and replacement options, designs and construction assurance, and structural assessments.
• Project Management and Sponsorship – getting experience with delivery of small- and large-scale transport projects from inception, investment decisions, to construction.
Your work will vary from placement to placement, and you will have the opportunity to identify your own placements on the projects you are most interested in, guided by your scheme Sponsor, Mentor, Buddy and Development Advisor. Placements could include improving the service life of structures and earthworks of London Underground, delivering innovative step-free access schemes to improve accessibility to our network, working with our consultants to design new low-carbon station boxes and tunnels on our Major Projects like Bank Station Capacity Upgrade, and designing new road layouts with our Highways Engineering teams to create new cycle superhighways across London.