- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Transport for London
Salary - £28 500 increasing to £30 500 in year 2
Location - London/ Hybrid
Hybrid working within this role enables a balance of 50% of time split between the office and home over a 4 week period. Hybrid working arrangements can evolve subject to business requirements. However, there may be placements where you are required to come into the office more often for site visits etc.
What will I be doing?
As a graduate, your two-year development programme will be made up of up to eight placement rotations. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career.
Projects will vary but can include design within multi-disciplines including fire, mechanical, electrical, comms & system design including fire interfaces. The programme will provide you first-hand experience working on sites with construction teams to learn about emergency management, installation of fire related systems and fire interfacing systems. Additionally, you will gain exposure to business operations, procedures network management and emergency procedures throughout the TfL network.
What TfL offer
You will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Free travel on the TfL network for you and a nominee who lives in the same household
- Final salary pension scheme
- Discounted national rail and Eurostar travel
- 30 days Annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers & many more
Please Note: TfL only allow one application for any of their Graduate or internship schemes per year. Any subsequent applications will be withdrawn.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 241581)
Company website : https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/careers/graduates?intcmp=66467
TfL's award-winning teams will support your ongoing development, through a wide range of on-the-job practical experience and placements. They'll support your professional development through a combination of training, mentoring, and structured networking opportunities with scheme alumni.
You'll also receive one-to-one guidance throughout the programme from your:
- Placement manager: Responsible for your day-to-day management and support with your development
- Scheme sponsor: A senior manager who acts as a technical and professional adviser and has line manager responsibility
- Buddy: Usually, an apprentice or graduate who gives support to you and ensure that you feel welcomed in the organisation
TfL also have an established Graduate and Apprentice Committee and Alumni group, who organise informative events to enhance your understanding of the organisation and provide opportunities to develop your career. They also provide valuable support for the wellbeing of current graduates.
TfL's core values are extremely important, and they desire candidates who are:
- Caring about colleagues, customers and work
- Open to each other, to new ideas and to working together
- Adaptable to diverse needs and willing to innovate
The aim of the programme is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful fire career. Upon completing the scheme, we would expect you to move into one of our fire engineering teams, where you will then continue to develop your career as a fire engineer through your assignments across TfL, progressively taking on more challenging roles as you build your core competence.