- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Fashion & Textiles
- Opportunity Type
Other Employment Opportunity
Harrison Spinks is a family business with a focus on quality, innovation, and sustainability. In line with our ethos to be world leaders in sustainable comfort innovation, we weave our own chemical free mattress fabric in-house. We combine traditional methods with state-of-the-art weaving looms, to create a breathable and FR chemical free sleeping surface.
We are seeking a Trainee Weaver, to learn and develop whilst being a key part of the Weaving team, based in our Head Office site, The Innovation Centre, Beeston Leeds.
As a Trainee Weaver you will be providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
Hours: Monday – Wednesday 6am – 6pm and Thursday 6am – 12pm.
Reporting into the Weaving Manager, The Trainee Weaver will be fully trained in-house on all aspects of the Weaving role.
- To ensure the efficient running of all looms within the weaving department by ensuring that the looms are only operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment
- To identify and repair any faults such as broken ends, picks, and similar problems
- Maintain production & quality by patrolling looms regularly
- To ensure that all start up jobs are checked for quality and design.
- To patrol the looms regularly in order to maintain production and quality levels.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A high degree of flexibility is required to operate a number of different loom types, and al-so fulfil a variety of tasks such as, pin dropping, filling weft creel’s, returning woven fabrics and similar duties. .
- Good listening skill
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic attitude
- Hungry - a manageable and sustainable commitment in doing a job well and going above and beyond when it is truly required.
- Smart - asks good questions, listens to what others are saying and stays engaged in conversations intently.
- Humility - shares credit, emphasises team over self, and defines success collectively rather than individually
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.50 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Store discount
For more information about this vacancy please contact The Furniture Makers' Company on +44 20 7256 5558 (Ref ID: 241820)
Company website : https://www.harrisonspinks.co.uk/our-story