Wilkes is a full-service law firm based with in Birmingham. We have a city centre office, a office in Shirley, Solihull and another office in Ward End.
The firm is a LLP, with 25 partners and around 143 staff across the offices. The firm is 90 years old this year an well established in its field.
The firm has a good reputation and is a good place to work, everyone is approachable and there is an open door policy. Over recent years we have worked on improving our CSR offering, have an active social committee and are committed to improving our sustainability and impact on the environment.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide first line support to staff across all offices
- Assist the IT Manager with first line support and projects
receive ongoing training from the IT Manager relating to new hardware, software and systems as and when required
- Work in tandem with 2nd and 3rd line to ensure efficient management of support tickets/calls
What we are looking for:
- Have strong and logical problem-solving skills and be capable of using initiative to provide a solution to recurring problems
- Effective communication skills, able to impart instructions clearly and concisely
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to learn any systems necessary to complete projects that the firm requires
- Willingness to learn about other aspects of the department and the Firm’s systems in order to improve efficiency and level of service offered
- Team player
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
£19,000 per annum.
Monday to Friday,
9:15am to 5:15pm,
35 hours per week.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu jab
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Discounted conveyancing and will writing services
- 24 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- 8% pension, consisting of 4% employee contributions and 4% employer contributions
- Death in Service equal to 4 times annual salary
- Medicash health cash plan.
There may be an opportunity to gain a permanent role as First line Support Engineer upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.