- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Accounts or finance assistant (ST0608)
Mcarthur Agriculture Ltd
- Invoice Processing following established accounting standards and company procedures.
- Follow up with customers regarding outstanding balances and overdue payments.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to invoices, account statements, and payment details in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in reconciling the sales ledger with financial records to identify and address discrepancies.
- Maintain precise and well-organised sales ledger records, following established accounting standards.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing procedures, including preparing reports and reconciliations.
- Contribute to ensuring accurate financial reporting within specified deadlines. General administration, and handing of phone calls.
- Maintaining positive internal communication with colleagues in other teams and depots.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on email@example.com (Ref ID: 241901)
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong IT knowledge including Excel, Word Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team.
- Confident and composed telephone manner.
- Perseverance to get the job done.
- GCSE's grades 9/A* - 4/C including Maths and English.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2.
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry.
Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment. You must successfully complete the following:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
- Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC)
- Principles of Costing (PCTN)
- Business Environment (BESY)
- EPA - In Tray exercise
An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate time to off the job training, as well as completing knowledge, skills and behaviors associated with your apprenticeship.
The successful applicant will, above all else, be of outstanding character and attitude. This will ensure success in this role and the establishment of a long-term career in a growing business.
- We do the basics well – honest, respectful and selfless - these are non-negotiable.
- We are problem solvers – practical, resourceful and creative - problems are opportunities.
- We push on – determined, positive and enthusiastic - all day everyday.
- We pull together – listen, communicate and co-operate - working for each other. We never stop learning – constantly sharing our knowledge and experience.
Opportunity to grow within the company. The business is going through a period of growth and the current finance team is expanding to deal with this. Also an opportunity to see how the business as a whole works, and work with all departments in the business. Potential of a permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Please note, the salary is £20,000 - £22,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Auto enrolment pension.
- Life Insurance Access to a wellbeing platform.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm