As a Community Sports and Activity Officer (CSAO) apprentice you will be an integral member of the Community, Sport and Health team. The role will contribute to a Sport and Active Wellbeing strategy, this role will utilise the power of sport to engage with the community to deliver a range of sport, health and wellbeing programmes and initiatives.
As a CSAO you will develop skills to scope, organise and coordinate the delivery of opportunities for local communities to get more participants physically active.
As a CSAO you will explore skills to engage and build relationships with partners that work with hard to reach participants within communities and provide support to enable them to increase and strengthen physical activity opportunities successfully implement behavioural change skills within their communities
As a CSAO you will be involved in practical experience of how to develop and devise appropriate sports or physical activity programmes and learn how to work with local and national governing bodies of sport, community organisations, the voluntary sector and sport for development agencies.
Responsibilities will include developing and eventually leading physical and sporting activity programmes such as Basketball, climbing and the Balance Ability scheme. The apprentice will also assist in developing The Holiday Activity Programme, which are positive and enriching activities for young people receiving free school meals.
* To promote the values and vision of the organisation professionally in the role
*Develop, lead and deliver Priority local area (to identified needs) sports/ activities & wellbeing projects for groups
*Be able to undertake lone working I.e., one-to-one gym buddying system or fitness work
* Deliver inclusive activities to a high standard supporting the community across the centre.
* Achieve the company's customer service, customer feedback and research standards as laid out in EQMS consistently across.
* Ensure marketing activity is effective to maximise awareness and increase participation.
* Remain current with local strategies which may impact the Health & Wellbeing Development Plan and implement accordingly
*Develop and manage local contacts and partnerships that enhance and or enrich provision and support sharing of resources I.e., staffing, volunteers, venue and or project resources
*Promote the concept of 30 minutes of activity 5 times a week.
* Attend meetings as required
At Everyone Active you will be working towards a Level 3 Community Sport and Health Officer qualification over the course of 15 Months.