Please bear in mind before you apply that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant.
There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
What is an apprenticeship? An apprenticeship is a job with training. Through your apprenticeship, you will gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills and behaviours you need for your immediate job and future career.
These skills and behaviours are gained through formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice these new skills in a real work environment.
As a Suzuki Dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our motorcycles. Our Apprentice Technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools, and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Suzuki motorcycles.
· Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer motorcycles in accordance with the brands technical standards.
· Conduct full examinations of motorcycles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests.
· Undertake Vehicle Health Checks
· Work closely with the service team and ensuring they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer motorcycles and they are fully briefed on work completed.
Discuss technical issues/works with directly customers when requested.
· Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand.
· Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a motorcycle.
· Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing motorcycles and utilise regular training and support information provided by Suzuki
· Offer technical advice and support to workshop apprentices when requested by a Master Technician.
· Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency.
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.