At High Oak Youth and Community Club you will work towards your L2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship over the course of 12-18 Months.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
(a) To provide creative and motivating Youth and Community programmes.
(b) To work with the volunteers and the staff team to deliver a quality Youth and Community programme.
(c) To assist with the organisation at meetings and other events.
(d) To contribute generally to the work of the HOYCC and its partners.
As a youth and community worker, you'll need to:
- Assess the needs of community, plan and deliver programmes related to areas such as healthy lifestyles and well-being, prevention of isolation, identify support needs and engagement in the community.
(Any other relevant or current issues).
- Befriend and support seniors in various settings,
- Mentor, coach, and support individuals and encourage greater social inclusion.
- Work in partnership with professionals from other organisations that support young people such as social care, health, police, education, youth offending teams and local authorities.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments and Covid-19.
- Support the volunteers engaging on the programmes.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems, and respond to queries.
- To promote the work of HOYCC and its partners.
- To attend HOYCC meetings as required.
- To contribute generally to the work of HOYCC, undertaking such other tasks as are appropriate to the nature and scope of the post.
- Support other youth and community staff