Ruskin Mill Trust is an educational charity that operates in England, Scotland and Wales, offering exciting outdoor learning environments, utilising practical land and craft activities to support the development of work and life skills in young people with autism and other learning difficulties.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Your salary is based on National Minimum Wage for your Age.
Please speak to the recruiter at QA for confirmation.
For example, annum salaries could range between:
Main responsibilities: [will be to:]
- Provide first line user support to staff and students as required using the desktop systems, including dealing with operational problems such as hardware faults and software incompatibilities.
- Install, maintain and repair IT related equipment as necessary.
- Assist in developing and implementing new projects
- Provide technical support with the use of technology and network compatibility, identifying problem areas and investigating solutions.
- Assist with the administration and development of the desktop and office network systems as required, including user administration, maintenance of the office e-mail system, internet filter software and ensuring that the security procedures for the desktop system within the office network are appropriate and are being followed.
- Assist in the maintenance of relevant management and system administration records such as user requests and action taken, asset records, software records and maintenance requests and outcomes.
- Undertake a schedule of PC "health checks" and ensure effective deployment/utilisation of anti-virus software.
- Work with the staff to encourage the appropriate use of IT and help with identifying relevant technologies and implement as necessary.
What we are looking for:
Desirable skills / experience:
- Up-to-date knowledge of Windows 7
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Good organisational skills
- Confident and enthusiastic user of ICT
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to foster and maintain collaborative working relationships and sharing of good practice
- Ability to manage use of time effectively and deal with conflicting priorities
- Ability to demonstrate high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, energetic, well organised, able to work unsupervised, good communicator
- Willingness to learn about various technologies and their use within Ruskin Mill Trust
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Free lunches during term-time
- 10% off
- Cycle to work scheme
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with length of service up to 38 days
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Occupational Health
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Pay & Grading Policy with the potential for annual increment increases in line with the policy
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking on-site
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will gain:
A comprehensive and interactive induction enabling you to completely experience the crafts within the curriculum and experience the student journey.
A wide-range of development opportunities and internal Ruskin Mill Trust courses. Colleagues are invited to apply by completing a CPD form with your line manager.
Pay & Grading Policy with the potential for annual increment increases in line with the policy
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.