Located in the scenic Wellington, Somerset, just a stone's throw from Taunton, MK Test Systems is at the forefront of automated electrical test equipment design and manufacturing. Catering to industries ranging from Aerospace to Electric Vehicles and Oil & Gas, our innovations are trusted by leading manufacturers worldwide.
Are you passionate about software development and eager to jumpstart your career with a pioneering company?
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
What's in it for you?
Inclusive Environment: We value team spirit, open dialogue, and the fresh ideas you bring.
Skill-building: Work on diverse projects alongside our engineering team, covering the entire software development cycle.
Career Advancement: If you're ambitious and driven, you'll find no shortage of opportunities with us.
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum.
As a pivotal member of our software team, you'll engage in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You'll help craft our industry-leading Automated Test Management Software, using technologies like:
Desktop: WPF, C#, Entity Framework & SQL.
Web: ASP.Net Core, Vue JS, Razor, Entity Framework & SQL.z
If you're looking to make a real impact and work with a team as enthusiastic as you, MK Test Systems is your next destination.
Embark on a thrilling journey with us!
Duties (will include but not be limited to:)
- Gathering and estimating software requirements
- Breaking down requirements into logical units
- Translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Develop software design from technical requirements
- Implement software following SOLID Principles
- Document design and testing decisions
- Implementation of unit testing, integration testing and automate testing
- Update and maintain build pipeline
What we expect from you:
- Solid problem-solving skills
- A proactive, efficient, and safety-first approach
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Basic IT & networking proficiency
Desired experience: [not essential]
- Coding experience in C#, C++ or Java
- Familiarity with web applications or Microservices
- Insight into industrial automation or electrical principles
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- A great working office environment surrounded by a supportive team in a rewarding role
- 22 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to the latest technology
- Great transport links with free onsite parking
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.