- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
- Apprenticeship Standard
Accounts or finance assistant (ST0608)
Parsons Chartered Accountants
Duties will include:
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Preparing management accounts.
- Bookkeeping services using latest cloud accounting packages and app stacks.
- Tax compliance services.
- Provision of exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective and timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Assisting directors in controlling work-in-progress (WIP) by progressing work to completion / billing point swiftly.
- Provision of additional support such as answering phones and relaying client queries for response.
- Meeting the demands of training and qualification requirements; working with the training provider to ensure qualification is obtained within set timescales.
- Attending college/training provider sessions and meeting their set deadlines.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on email@example.com (Ref ID: 242209)
Company website : https://www.parsons.co.uk/careers-at-parsons/
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office packages.
- 2 A Levels grades A-B.
- GCSE's grades 9/A* - 6/B including Maths and English.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2.
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry.
Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment. You must successfully complete the following:
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
- Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC)
- Principles of Costing (PCTN)
- Business Environment (BESY)
- EPA - In Tray exercise
An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate time to off the job training, as well as completing knowledge, skills and behaviors associated with your apprenticeship.
- Flexible in terms of the ability to operate and contribute in a changing environment.
- Open and honest at all times.
- A team player, working alongside others with positivity and respect.
- Proven background of high attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and takes pride in their work.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative.
- Client focused – putting the client at the heart of everything we do.
- A willingness to take full ownership of the role and to go above and beyond.
- In it together with the whole Parsons team ensuring all decisions are for the benefit of the business and adopting our corporate values.
Joining a Business Services team of 20 with with opportunities to progress as move on in studies through AAT and ACA.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Death in service.
- Up to 5% employers pension contribution.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Training and experience in using technology for automation and process efficiency. We aspire to use increasingly sophisticated technology and data analytics to further improve service quality, in-line with our ethos to continually identify ways to help our clients to do things better.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free on-site parking at Parsons offices.
- Employee Assistance Programme: comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7 offering medical, legal (not work related), financial and emotional support, advice and information.
- Reward and recognition programme: exclusive discounts and offers on thousands of products and services from over 1,500 national and 6,000 local retailers, plus reward credits linked to performance in your role, on your birthday and for other worthy reasons such as long service.