Would you like to work for one of Scotland's leading law firms?
Our client is currently seeking a Legal Support Apprentice to join the Debt & Recovery team within their Glasgow office. This team deal with all aspects of debt recovery for a wide range of clients including businesses, individuals and landlords.
Based in the city centre, you will work for an organisation that provide expert advice on areas such as personal injury, employment law and medical negligence. You will pro-actively provide an efficient, organised and professional service by ensuring that the team have the appropriate support for all aspects of their work activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop within a business that has supported over 80 apprentices through their qualification in partnership with QA! In 2023 alone they have onboarded over 20 apprentices into their offices across Scotland.
You will be working towards an SCQF Level 6 Diploma.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating committal/liability order cases on Lawsoft (internal system - don't worry, you will receive training on this!)
- Service court actions / liability orders on Lawsoft
- Sending licences to Sheriff courts or to archive
- Arranging signatures, preparing letters sending out notices using MS Word and Outlook
- Saving in scanned mail
- Sorting, scanning and storing electronic mail via MS Outlook
- Closing matters and sending files to store
You will need the following skills:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines under pressure, often with short notice
- Ability to use initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy when working with data or creating content
£19,838 per annum
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Pension scheme
- Critical illness protection
- Life assurance
- Discounted conveyancing on sales and purchases
- Discounted eyecare
- Charity donation through payroll
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy additional leave option
- Extra holidays at Christmas
- CSR days
- Funding for external training
- Recruitment finder’s fee
- Additional discounts
- 4pm birthday finish
Should you perform well in this role there is an opportunity for you to take up a permanent position at the end of your qualification. Many of our previous apprentices are still with the company. Future salary will be discussed should you be offered a permanent role.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!