Cannock Nursery & Preschool are delighted to have an opportunity for an Apprentice to join their team. As an Eary Years Apprentice you will be trained on the job to give you a true representation of what it is like to work in a day nursery. You will be allocated a buddy who you will work alongside, and you will work towards undertaking the role of a key person. Within the role of Apprentice, you will attend training days with our training provider and the other days will be based at your allocated nursery.
During your apprenticeship you will be required to;
· To assist team members in providing the highest standard of compliance, care and education for children, and effectively manage daily operations of the nursery, including positive partnerships with staff and parents.
· To contribute ideas to planning ensuring children receive high quality of learning and development.
· To liaise with nursery staff regarding children’s specific needs and requirements.
· To maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
· To adhere to all Nursery policies and procedures
· To always meet health and safety and environmental health requirements
You will work closely with your buddy to support the development of good practice with regards to inclusion. You will also observe, assess and plan interesting, stimulating, and challenging activities which links to the individual learning, development needs and abilities of the children in your care.
Rewards and Benefits*:
· Annual leave starts at 24 days on top of a paid birthday day off and public bank holidays.
· £100 bonus on completion of Level 2 childcare qualification and at least £500 yearly salary increase.
· £250 bonus on completion of Level 3 childcare qualification and at least £750 yearly salary increase.
· Annual pay review to ensure competitive salary.
· Team fun days and award events to thank and celebrate our wonderful teams.
· Up to £500 bonus for referrals of friends and family for company vacancies, depending on position.
· Bike to work scheme and one-off contribution of £50 to help you buy a bike for work commute and the remaining amount can be repaid through a salary sacrifice scheme.
· Staff perks (discounts: cinema, retail, travel)
· Lunch provided
· Uniform provided
· Progression plans for all staff
· Up to 5 days paid compassionate leave.
· Generous childcare fee discount for staff
· Employee assistance helpline offering confidential counselling and advisory service from qualified and trained experts 24/7, including face to face counselling sessions where needed.
*All perks are pro-rota for part time staff and subject to successful completion of probationary period. These perks may be subject to further conditions and can be withdrawn or reviewed at the discretion of the company.
Begin your Family First Nurseries journey today and apply now!