MINI Plant Oxford - Level 6 Engineering Technician – 4 Year Apprenticeship (August 2024)
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint, and final assembly.
Our vehicles are packed with the latest technology. That's largely down to the Engineering Technicians who develop, create and quality check our products and systems. Whilst training onsite, you will rotate around the business with placements in all areas of automotive manufacturing including: R&D, Process Planning, Quality Control and Production Validation.
Training includes the study of state-of-the–art engineering and production techniques which are constantly developing in line with new technologies. You will need to possess the physical dexterity to carry out precise work with small components and the mental ability to handle complex data calculations, of all types, rapidly and with accuracy.
You will need to be enthusiastic and well-disciplined as our apprenticeship is heavily focused on attitude and behaviour. In addition, you need to exhibit initiative, be reliable and conscientious. In addition to your technical skills excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team.
Why choose us?
• Great Pay – A competitive salary enhanced every six months depending on individual progress and performance starting at £18,152 per annum, rising to £34,543 at the end of the programme. You will also receive 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and have access to an attractive pension scheme.
• Rewarding Work-Life Balance – You will have a 37-hour working week. Start and finish times will vary to meet the needs of your work-based placements and college hours.
• Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our discounts scheme, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant. If aged 18 and over, you will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
• Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
• Networking Opportunities – With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you will need to create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your five-day invitation window and you will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group. Provisionally, the Assessment Centre is due to take place week commencing 1st April 2024.
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th March 2024
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org