Lifeguards have one of the most important jobs at our centres, and that is keeping our customers safe in and around the water.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Our team members are playing their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
Recreation Assistants will perform duties pertaining to both wet and dry sites.
Primary Objectives for the Recreation Assistant will be:
● To ensure the safety of and enjoyment of everybody using the Leisure Centre.
● To partake in the management of all aspects of the daily activities of the Centre.
The Recreation Assistant will focus day to day on the following tasks:
● To guide, care for and assist all Leisure Centre customers.
● To facilitate a friendly but efficient working relationship with the people who use the Leisure Centre.
● To work as part of a team to achieve the objectives and usage targets of the Leisure Centre.
● To innovate ideas and initiate action to increase the usage of the Leisure Centre.
● To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
● Assist the Duty Manager in the effective control and security of the facility, patrolling all appropriate areas ensuring that equipment is stored safely and securely.
● To be aware of all Health and Safety issues within the Centre, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
● To ensure all parts of the Centre are safe and secure when not in use.
● To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
● To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Leisure Centre.
● Portray a positive image of the Leisure Centre, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
As part of the 18-month programme you will gain the following qualifications;
● National Pool Lifeguard
● First Aid at Work
● Leisure Team Member Level 2
● Level 1 Assistant Swim Teaching
● Level 2 Swim Teaching
● Functional Skills in maths and English
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
● Jump/dive into deep water
● Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
● Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
● Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
● Climb out unaided without ladders/steps
● 28 Days' paid annual leave per year
● NEST pension auto enrolment after 3 months' service
● Discounted food and beverages on site discounted retail items
● Employee assistance programme
● Free parking on site
The position is also subject to a successful DBS check.
At Braywick Leisure Centre, you will be studying towards a Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship over the course of 12-18 months.