BMW Plant Swindon – Level 6 Manufacturing – 4 Year Apprenticeship (August 2024)
MINI Plant Swindon is an integral part of the BMW Group’s production triangle. 90% of the body components for the MINI, including all the skin panels and closure assemblies, originate at BMW Group Plant Swindon. We’re proud of our achievements, some of which include:
• Our production of 350 different types of pressed parts for the MINI body shell using 15 fully automated press lines.
• Our zero waste to landfill philosophy; none of the materials we use are sent to landfill.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
Why choose us?
• Great Pay – A competitive salary enhanced every six months depending on individual progress and performance starting at circa £17,573 per annum, rising to over £33,000 at the end of the programme. You will also receive 180 hours holiday (pro rata to your contract) and have access to an attractive pension scheme.
• Rewarding Work-Life Balance – You will have a 36 hour working week. Start and finish times will vary to meet the needs of your work-based placements and college hours.
• Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our discounts scheme and a subsidised on-site restaurant. If aged 18 and over, you will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
• Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
• Networking Opportunities – With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you will need to create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your five-day invitation window and you will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group. Provisionally, the Assessment Centre is due to take place week commencing 1st April 2024.
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 17th March 2024
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org