BMW Financial Services, Farnborough - Level 4 Data Analyst (Pricing) 2-year Apprenticeship
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
Our work personal shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through our dress for your diary approach.
Blended Working – a blended working approach improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders ensure our apprentices maintain balance, not burnout, by focusing on their output, not attendance.
The opportunity to get involved with our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in our DE&I network groups.
Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table tennis tables, darts, and football tables to encourage employee engagement and networking.
BMW Financial Services Pricing & Sales Steering team is focused on providing expertise, analytics and insight to develop, enable and enhance sales performance. We are responsible for the development of the tools, techniques and visualisations to enhance the delivery of Sales Analysis capability and enhance the digital integration with the physical sales systems.
In addition, we support the Lead Sales Analyst with BI-enhancements and project prioritisation cases, to improve the quality, accuracy and timeliness of Sales reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for an apprentice to support, develop and succeed within a key function that collaborates across multiple business areas including Sales, Finance and IT, Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to support delivering the business strategy for the home market (UK) as well as the regional topics with the parent group in Germany.
What will you be doing?
The key accountabilities of this apprenticeship are:
- Support Sales Analytics team strategy to develop and shape future Sales Analytics capability.
- Conduct analysis of data.
- Own the Sales area interaction with Business Intelligence (BI) team and the future data strategy.
- Own the development of web-based solutions to aid market (competitor) comparisons and market/industry developments.
- Optimise Digital Team integration to pricing and sales analytic activity.
- Liaise with counterparts within the sales company.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings as required.
- Support the agency model transformation from a sales data and analytics perspective and support testing of new functionality
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive salary enhanced every six months depending on individual progress and performance starting at £16,655 rising to circa £22,800 at the end of the programme. You will also receive 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and have access to an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – You will have a 37.5-hour working week. Start and finish times will vary to meet the needs of your work-based placements and college hours.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will also enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Choices benefits scheme, a flexible benefits scheme where you can select benefits based on your individual needs and lifestyle. In addition, you will also have access to our subsidised on-site restaurants, and if aged 18 and over, you will also be able to participate in our Preferences Car Scheme (subject to an affordability check).
- Development Potential – In the UK, we invest around £3 million per year in vocational and professional training for our employees. This means we invest in you, giving you the relevant BMW specific training that you will require to be an active member of our team.
- Networking Opportunities – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. With around 8,000 employees and all three of the BMW Groups brands being represented in the UK, there are an abundance of networking opportunities allowing you to create meaningful working relationships.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, you will need to create a GetMyFirstJob account and then complete the short eligibility questions. Make sure your GetMyFirstJob profile includes details of both your achieved and any predicted qualifications. If you meet the eligibility requirements, the GetMyFirstJob team will invite you through to the next stage of the process.
The next stage of the process is a Strengths Video Interview. You can complete this at any time of day during your five-day invitation window and you will be recorded answering a set of questions. There is a practice question at the start, and you get multiple chances to record each question, plus the GetMyFirstJob team are on hand to support you and give you lots of top tips and advice! Following this, successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited to a face-to-face Assessment Centre with BMW Group. Provisionally, the Assessment Centre is due to take place week commencing 15th March 2024.
To be eligible for this position, you must be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th February 2024
Any further questions? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org