Quintech is an award-winning provider of strategic IT services and solutions. We aim to help our clients reach their full potential by harnessing the opportunities presented by IT, technology and the cloud.
We’ve been helping businesses across the Midlands, Central and Southwest England get more from their IT for more than 30 years. In that time, we’ve supported organisations in a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, wholesale, distribution, utilities, construction, professional services, retail and charities.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT Network Engineering - Level 4 Apprenticeship.
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum.
- Goods inwards – Responsible for checking goods coming into the business. Working within predefined guidelines to confirm these goods match the exact requirements of purchase orders placed
- Testing and configuration – Responsible for unpacking, setting up and initiating configuration to customers pre-determined specification of all new customer orders being prepared for installation on customers site
- Advanced configuration – Working with and learning from the technical team with advanced configuration of new orders being prepared for installation on customer site
- Goods out – Responsible for preparing all goods out ready for dispatch to clients. Working within predefined guidelines to check that these goods match the exact requirements of the customer sales order
- Assisting with basic technical support tickets – Where appropriate, assisting the technical support department with customer placed technical support queries raised via our support ticketing system
- Assisting with on-site installations – Where appropriate, assisting the installations team with on-site installation of IT systems
- Working directly to the Operations Director assisting with all aspects of the technical requirements placed on Quintech by our clients
What we are looking for:
Desirable skills: [someone who is:]
- Not afraid to get stuck in and get on with the job at hand
- Self-sufficient and able to work on their own
- Happy to help out in other areas of the business when required
- Looking to stay with our company upon completion of their apprenticeship
Ideally, you will be a driver or at least in the process of learning to drive - later in the apprenticeship being a driver would be greatly beneficial to the position.
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Working week - 37.5ghrs a week, from 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- We are a progressive and growing MSP, based in Gloucestershire and working countrywide.
- Employees aren’t pigeon holed into a single role, all members of the technical team get a chance to work across all areas of the department from support and installations to technical configuration and cyber security reviews, allowing everyone to broaden and expand their technical knowledge.
- On the job learning: as well as having access to a varied selection of predefined training material all employees get to learn through doing, working alongside experienced IT support and installation engineers.
- Quintech provide a wide range of business based IT solutions. This gives everyone in the Technical team chance to configure, install and support across a wide range of can include: Desktops, Laptops, Servers, routers, switches, firewalls, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Azure etc.
- An apprentice will have a chance to learn and grow within the business. Quintech have a track record of employing apprentices once their apprenticeship is complete.
- Quintech offer an attractive employment package including: A competitive salary, 22 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays), death in service cover, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Company workwear available and free onsite parking.
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.